LAK-17C Front Electric SLG
The LAK-17C Fes
Simple and safe. Does not matter where you fly, the new LAK-17C FES will get you airborne or get you home.
Designed for the new FAI 15 m and 18 m classes.
50 years of sailplane design experience. Modern composite materials, tested manufacturing techniques and, just in case,
an option for an engine. The FES propulsion system has no known reports of in-flight failures,
allowing you to stay confident in areas of no-lift. And yes, it is still a glider.
No sweat from rigging to landing. All controls hook up automatically. We offer to choose one of 4 of our
standard instrument panels. It is possible to get a self-designed instrument panel as well. Pedals and seat-back are
This highly-maneuverable glider fits 160 liters of ballast in the wings and 8 liters of ballast in the tail. The FES engine and batteries
are easy to remove in case a pilot wants to fly pure glider in competition. In this case possible to have extra ballast the fuselage. With the propeller removed, a clean and sleek nose cone is mounted on the front.
Engine system – Front Electric System (FES)
– overall system weight – 55 kg.
– BLDC brushless synchronous permanent magnet motor with electronically controlled system, 3 phase.
– 20 kW continuous power
– length: 100 mm
– diameter: 180 mm
– weight: only 7 kg
– 32 lithium polymer cells;
– Average capacity of each cell: 41 Ah
– 2 battery boxes, each weighting 17.6 kg
– life expectancy: more than 10 years
– charger: Special Li-Po with active BMS
– battery packs supply power for all
instrumentation on board
– charging time
– 3 hours each box, if fully discharged with standard 1000 W charger
– 1 hour each pack with optional 3000 W charger
– carbon fibre foldable propeller
– blades shaped to the front surface of the fuselage
– diameter: 1 m
– automatically opens when motor starts
Contact us for more information!